Thursday, September 29, 2022

What is family?

The heat of summer gradually fades away, and the autumn wind brings coolness to us again. The days move on without a sound.


In our programs, there are often tender and loving moments between the nannies and children, and we are all touched bringing smiles to every face.



For the children, every day is full of expectations, knowing they are in a safe place allows them to dream. For the staff, seeing the growth of the children brings great joy. Here are some cute stories about the children.


Ezra has been very naughty recently. Shortly after I put a bib on him, he would grab it and throw it on the ground. I had to correct him again and again, putting it back on him. He sometimes does it on purpose, wanting to attract more attention from others. When we were preparing dinner for the children the other day, another nannie came to me with a smile and said, "Go and see what Ruth is doing."  I went and saw Ruth holding Ezra's hand. I asked Ruth, "What are you doing?” She stared at Ezra's hand and smiled at me again. I understood what she meant and said, "You grabbed Ezra’s hand so that he couldn't take off the bib and throw it to the ground." Ezra was not angry. The two looked at each other and laughed.

Ruth grew up and became her nanny's little helper, fulfilling her responsibilities as a big sister.




Silas recently likes to watch cartoon shows. He watches it very intently, laughing out loud when he is happy.

But one time he suddenly ran into his nanny’s arms in a panic, wanting to be held. His nanny didn't know what was going on at first, but after careful observation, realized that it was the fake beard one of the characters was wearing. The nanny gently told him that some older grandpas have beards. JoJo's beard is fake, he's pretending to be a grandpa, don't be afraid; if you're afraid, we won't watch it. However, Silas’ curiosity was very strong, he turned his head to look, and then got down. He was no longer afraid of the beard.




We recently transferred some of the children in a smaller room to several large rooms so they can attend classes. Isaiah was moved to a new room to be looked after by another nanny.

Because I miss him, one night when I finished my work, I couldn't help but go to see Isaiah. When I walked in to see him, Isaiah was shocked for a moment, then shook his head as if he didn't recognize me. I took off the mask, and he recognized me, and gave me a big smile, and then the corners of his mouth dropped, and he shed some tears. I went over and stroked his little face, comforted him, and said: “Isaiah, I love you, you must be brave! You are a strong little boy, don't cry! Your nanny and I will always be here for you!”

 


Although Chad has limited hearing, vision and mobility, his nanny knows that he likes to go outdoors and experience everything in nature.

One day I took Chad to the playground. Chad became excited when he heard the happy cries of the children. I took him to the slide and let him experience sliding down the slide. First, I carried him to the ladder, and let him feel the handle and railing on the ladder with his hands. I told Chad that the children had to climb the ladder before sliding down the slide. He held the handle while listening to me, smiling excitedly. After reaching the top, I held Chad and sat at the top of the slide. I let Chad spread out his arms and feel the thrill of the wind and speed as he slides down. After sliding down, he raised his head, squinted his eyes, and smiled, as if to say, "I can slide by myself! I did it! Thank you, mom!



When her nanny is free, Elizabeth will use her two little hands to massage her nanny’s back.



On cold winter mornings, when Theodore goes to school, he always says, "Mom you should put more clothes on, be careful of getting sick."



When playing on the slide, David said, "I'm the older brother, I'll let my younger brother play first!" He stood behind the younger brother and stretched out his hand to protect the younger brother. He is a good big brother!




When Joy began to attend school, she learned a lot of knowledge and small crafts in class. When she gets home, she will do her best to take care of herself and help the other children.


 



When James gets on the scooter, he will allow his sister Elizabeth to sit in front of him. The two of them twist the steering wheel with their little hands, and the scooter goes where they direct it.


 



This is family, being together, taking care of each other, and protecting each other.


Thank you for joining us to build a warm and happy home for the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment