Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Front line heroes

In mid-January 2020, just as everyone was busy finishing work and buying tickets to return home for spring festival, a "new coronavirus" broke into people's lives and disrupted the busy season- a time with family.  People stayed behind closed doors and a silent battle with the new pneumonia epidemic began!

Facing the grim situation of the epidemic, and in order to ensure the safety of the children, the orphanages decided to start a closed management model. All personnel involved in the care of the children were required to remain on site 24/7 and will remain there till the danger is past.

During this period, we received a letter from one of our nanny’s daughter who had gone abroad to school. She was only able to return once a year to spend time with her family. Her sentiment represents what many are feeling- they want to give tribute and honor to everyone who is fighting on the front lines of the epidemic!




A letter from the daughter of a caregiver

January 20, 2020 was an important day. Prior to this day the coronavirus had been hotly debated on the Internet and in the media. On this day, Doctor Zhong Nanshan announced that the virus had the ability of being transmitted from person to person. At this point, the epidemic situation intensified. Almost overnight Wuhan was closed, the city and the whole country fell into a panic ... This panic is similar to the pandemic of atypical pneumonia caused by the SARS virus 17 years ago. When you go out, all you see are masks; you can't see anyone’s face clearly.

Everyone seemed to be sidelined by the outbreak. Most people isolated themselves at home and avoided contact with crowds. In my house, in addition to self-isolation, there was another form of isolation.

On January 30, my mother received notification from the orphanage that they were going to implement a 24/7 quarantine. My mother who works the night shift came home to ask my father and I our opinions. Considering how my mother is prone to insomnia, we agreed that it was not suitable for her to participate in the quarantine. After all, a situation like that is not good for sleep and rest. Even after continuous pleading, my mother's attitude was firm: "If I don't go, who will care for so many children?"

My mother is a persistent person, and unmovable when it come to things close to her heart! This is where I admire her most. Persevering in persuading my father and I to support her decision, mobilizing colleagues to participate in the "fight" for the children of the orphanage, and preparing daily necessities. My mother, who worked the night shift, did not rest for a moment. She arranged everything necessary for us, and told everyone in the family who was worried about her not to worry.

For me, I was selfish and didn’t want my mother to go. After the Lantern Festival I will return to school, and this situation started in early January of this year. Separation is part of all parent-child relationships, but who wants to be separated? I don’t know when the epidemic will end, and when the quarantine where my mother works will be lifted. I soon return to school... I asked my mother, “What if you haven’t returned home when it is time for me to go back to school?” It is hard for both of us but I will support her decision! It is a small contribution we can make for everyone! So that together we can overcome the difficulties.

Hopefully the epidemic will end soon and that each family will return to normal life. I hope that every mother and family involved in the "fight" stays safe and healthy. I hope that the children in the orphanage will grow up happy and not worry.

2020, I hope everything is fine!

Daughter of a child welfare home mom

Feb 3, 2020

We want to honor these special people. When the epidemic came, the caregivers bravely stepped forward, said goodbye to their families and began to guard the children day and night.










And thank you to all who have donated to help provide medical supplies to keep the staff and children healthy. Thank you for your concern and prayers that the epidemic will pass soon.





Once again we pay tribute to the heroes who have gone to the front line, you are fighting for the safety of everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment