Friday, October 16, 2015

Ella...Three Years On

A beautiful guest post by Irene, who recently volunteered here for the third time.

I met Ella three years ago. I was an intern in the CCU. She was a very sick baby with a beautiful smile. She captured my heart forever.


A year ago I was able to return to New Day and visit her again. Her health hadn’t improved much. Even though I was disheartened by her condition, I was encouraged in faith that there was hope for her restoration and believed it was coming soon!

But, another year has passed. An entire year of hope, of belief, and of strong faith that her healing would come swiftly…and yet now that I was able to see Ella again, that healing hasn’t come. It was so easy to fall into despair and hopelessness. It was so easy to lose belief that she could be made whole.


I had the joy of sitting with her for hours. Holding her hand, touching her face and hair, and just singing over her. I struggled to find the faith that I had a year before. I struggled with how this could happen to a pure and precious little princess.

And then I remembered the first song I ever sang over Ella when I met her three long years ago. I sang it over her again. With this I took faith, remembering that His promises are forever and that nothing is impossible.

“A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you’re fast asleep.
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep.
Have faith in your dreams and some day
Your rainbow will come smiling through.
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true.”


Ella will turn 5 in February. She has been here at New Day Foster Home since March 2011, and it is truly a miracle that she is even still alive. She faces a number of medical challenges, but her greatest Special Need is her need for a family that will love her and believe in her. If you, or a family that you know, could be that family please email karen@newdaycreations.com for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment