Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Therapy Tuesday: Chris

Hello everyone! My name is Chris and I am 2.5 years old. One of my favorite things to do is to go for my Physical and Occupational Therapy sessions every morning. I love seeing my therapists come downstairs to bring me for one of my sessions.
I feel special when I get the chance to play, I mean work, one-on-one in my therapy sessions. I love showing my therapists how well I can do the things they ask of me.


I usually do what my therapist tells me to do but sometimes I get tired of repeating the same exercise over and over again. I am sure to tell my therapist that I have had enough by saying “bu yao” and I flash her a cheeky smile!

I also get to practice my kicking skills every day so that I can grow big and strong!


My favorite activity is climbing the ladder, I should only be able to go up about halfway but I like to show off and climb all the way to the top and this makes my therapist very happy!



I have been working hard on my squatting skills and I have finally figured it out! It helps when I have something to distract me like the OT activity board.

I mastered the art of walking a while ago so now I am learning how to run! I really enjoy running back and forth in the therapy room and I can make my therapist laugh really hard with the silly faces I make!


Right, it’s time for a snack, working so hard in therapy makes me work up an appetite! Chris is listed with the adoption agency Hand in Hand Adoptions International as Boy 608A.

-----
This post was written for Chris by one of our Summer Staff Ciara, who is helping the therapy staff this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment