Monday, August 6, 2012

What Wendy Taught Me


Yesterday was a very special day at New Day and for myself. Yesterday we celebrated Wendy’s Birthday. It is such a special day because Wendy is a miracle and was not supposed to be with us. I’m thankful for the miracle of her precious life and thankful I got to be apart of such a special day along with the past 5 weeks I’ve been with her.

Wendy and her story gripped my heart around the 2nd week of being at New Day, she has had my heart ever since. These last 5 weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions and trying to break through some of the walls she has up for good reasons, but when they come down those moments are full of joy and laughter that I would not trade for anything. I catch myself just adoring how precious and unique she is and occasionally she will turn and look at me and smile.

Wendy has taught me so much from the time I’ve spent with her. She loves like I’ve never seen a child love before, it amazes me that she continues to love like that even in the midst of her past circumstances. (read her story here…) Wendy is full of personality. From what I’ve seen, she is independent, quirky, beautiful, and often sassy. Wendy is a “what you see is what you get” kind of girl, and I hope these black and white pictures show you just that. Whoever gets to bring this amazing child into their home is a very blessed family.





---
Post and photos by our intern, Allie


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Miss Wendy! Such a sweet post and the pictures are beautiful, love the black & white.

    ReplyDelete