Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My, How We've Changed

Remember when Serena first came?


Believe it or not, in just a few days it will be one year since Serena arrived. When she first came to us she often said, "I can't." when asked to try things. She had little confidence in herself--but today she is a different girl.


The changes in her have really just been astounding! Her hair has grown out and she now has glasses that enable her to see well enough to do most anything other children do. She has even learned to ride a bike and is aspiring to learn how to roller blade. She goes to school now with a teacher New Day has hired and is learning to read, write, and do basic math. She is also learning about poetry, art, and the list goes on and on!

Serena is a healthy and very happy girl. She has learned so much and has become such a polite young lady. We couldn't be more proud of the changes we've seen in her over the past year. This girl surely has a hope and a future.


We continue to advocate for her and believe she will some day have her own very forever family. She'd undoubtedly be a blessing to any family who chooses her as their own!

8 comments:

  1. Sweet Serena ... oh how you SHINE!
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation! We pray also that Serena will have her forever family soon! The way you describe her in the beginning reminds me so much of my Candie...and then now to see the leaps and bounds these two girls have made!
    Candie remembers Serena, by the way...(from early days...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We keep Serena in our prayers each night, that her forever family will find this amazing girl soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how beautiful is she? I still have the keychain she gave me when I left China. What a sweet and sensitive girl. I miss you, Serena!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I remember the day you first brought her home--we were just starting the Blessings website. I pray that her forever family comes for her soon!! She looks like a beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I remember the day she arrived at New Day very well, as we were there to bring home Khloe. We arrived late on the 12th and learned on the 13th that a new girl would be arriving soon. It was Serena. I believe it was actually on Friday the 14th when she arrived, but I could be wrong. Anyway, it has been so wonderful to watch her blossom into such a mature and beautiful young girl. Someone will be very blessed to call her their daughter. We will be praying she is matched with her forever family soon!! Oh the HOPE she now has for a wonderful FUTURE! Thank you, New Day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see the hope, how it has blossomed ~ now praying for her future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi my name is toieka an as i looked at your blogged i like how you have the babies on here thats amazing an i like the back ground very creative!

    ReplyDelete