Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Carrie Has One!"

Victoria is just about as girly as you can get.

She loves dresses, skirts, and pretty much anything that's the color pink. But Victoria's particular fashion weakness can be summed up in one word: ACCESSORIES! Whether it's hair bows, sunglasses, jewelry or nail polish - Victoria just can't get enough.

She's also extremely observant - she's probably the only person at New Day who notices (and comments!) when I wear the same pair of jeans two days in a row. She'll always make a point to tell me if she thinks my outfit is "piaoliang" (beautiful).

So the other day, Victoria and I were in the backyard with the other children. She had a sheet of stick-on earrings that she'd recently received in a care package. She'd shared a couple pairs with Emily and Sophie but still had several left for herself. She offered a pair to me, which I happily accepted. Knowing I love the color blue (see how observant she is?!?), she picked a round glittery blue stick-on earring and placed it directly on my nose.

On my NOSE.

"Why did you do that, Victoria?" I asked her.

Very matter of factly she replied, "Carrie has one!"

Carrie has a tiny little stud on her nose, which is barely noticeable - unless you are Victoria!

4 comments:

  1. How precious is that! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Victoria is such a cute little girl.
    I love her smile :)
    I was so happy to hear that she had been matched with her Forever Family.

    Dawn
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Sweety! You've gotta love those accessories! I'm so happy to know she'll be going to a family that understands her love of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this post! We are a very lucky family!! She is precious.

    ReplyDelete