Wednesday, June 22, 2022

As Written by Their Nannies

"Imaginary Wings"


If someone has a rich imagination, it allows them to soar.  Titus is such a child.




One night, lying in his cot, he said to me,

"Mom, I don't want to sleep."

I asked him, "Why don't you want to sleep? What are you thinking about?"

Titus blinked his big eyes and said, "Because I want to travel."

I was surprised when he said that, so I asked him, "Where do you want to travel?"

He said without hesitation, "Mom, I want to go on a spaceship trip with you on a spaceship!"

"Why do you want to go to space?"

"Because you can see stars, the moon, the sun, and gray a wolf when you go to space!"

When he finished, I was amused by his innocence and rich imagination.




If a child's imaginations and pictures in their minds could be written down, I think everyone will be amused by them!


 "Although I can't say it, I understand it all"


Every time I see Felicity, I greet her and say, "Felicity, good morning!"

Although she can't speak, I would see the corners of her mouth rise, revealing two small teeth, she would raise her whole body, and respond to me with excitement and joy.

Felicity is a quiet girl, but she especially likes listening to the nannies talk about the outside world. Whenever she heard something particularly interesting, she would laugh, because she could understand it.



Once while doing cognitive games with several children, I asked Liam:

"What animal is this?"

Liam said, "Tiger."

Felicity next to him laughed out loud, I saw that it was not a tiger, but a lion.

I asked Felicity, "Liam is he right?"

Felicity opened her mouth wide and widened her eyes, showing a look of denial.

I then reminded Liam to look carefully at what animal it was.

"It's a lion!"

May Felicity be as firm as pines and cypresses, as flexible as willows, and as beautiful as flowers!



"Love for Reading"



On Saturday morning, I saw Theodore looking up at the sky, as if he had found something. I called his name, and he did not respond.

So I walked over and stood by Theodore’s side, imitating his posture and looking at what was in the sky, but I found nothing.

Theodore continued to stare at the sky intently. Before I could ask, suddenly, he shouted, "Mom, look, there are geese flying in the sky!"

I saw a flock of birds far away flying in the sky.

Theodore began to describe it with the words he learned in a textbook.

"The geese are flying back north!"

"Mom, is spring coming?"

"Yes, the spring season is here!"

"We can go out for a picnic and fly a kite!" This made Theodore was very happy.


 

 "I will take care of you when I grow up"


Whether it is a new environment or a new nanny, Joy will not feel anxious but will quickly find new toys and make new friends. Not only is she very adaptable, but she is also very good at taking care of and caring for the other children, and often acts as her nanny's little helper.

 


As a new nanny, when I was responsible for taking care of multiple children at the same time, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. Joy is not only an obedient child, but also knows the daily schedule by heart, and will not forget what to do when and where. Sometimes she would remind me of something I'd forgotten.

One day the nannies were cleaning, and Joy was playing. When I wasn't paying attention, Joy moved her own little stool over and said to me, "Mom, take a rest for a while!"

I was so moved by her warm-hearted actions that I didn't know what to say.

So, Joy said again: "You are very tired of taking care of us. When we grow up, I will take care of you!"


It is such a blessing to be with the children every day, watching them grow and become more self-sufficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment