Friday, January 23, 2015

Getting to Know Josiah!

We’d like to introduce you to one of our new little guys. I’m sure you’ve seen his cute face appear in some of the newer photos. We are so happy to have him with us.


Welcome Josiah!



I recently had the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with sweet Josiah. At first when I met him, he was very hesitant and resisted my advances to befriend him. But recently, I found that he opened up a bit as he watched me interact with little Jack. Children are usually pretty good at picking up on body language and I suppose when Josiah saw how much fun it looked being lifted up and tickled, he wanted to join in too! When Jack walked away, Josiah came right up and stood in front of me, lifting his hands up to signal he wanted to be lifted up too! So I carefully lifted him up into the air and back down, then tickled and cuddled him. What a delight it was for me to hear his precious, one-of-a-kind giggle for the first time! It must be such a scary experience for an almost 4 year old to move to a different place with so many strangers. Josiah is brave, learning the ropes and routines that the other children know so well by now. But more importantly, he is brave because even after so much loss in his short life, he is slowly opening his little heart to love and to be loved. And what an honor it is to love him! He is smiling more now and you can tell he is enjoying joining in with the other children’s activities in preschool. We are looking forward to seeing his personality blossom during his time here! We really hope his forever family will come for him soon!



---
This post was written by our intern, Sarah Margaret 

No comments:

Post a Comment