Although it's not quite time to start decorating, it is time to start shopping. If you've been following New Day for a while now, you'll remember that every year around this time we launch our Christmas Sponsorship program.
|Hudson's first Christmas. Awwww....|
Here's the the short and sweet of it all:
1) Right now our Christmas sponsorship program is open to MONTHLY SPONSORS ONLY.
I know, I know, some of your aren't monthly sponsors right now and yet you really want to send a Christmas package and you're afraid that the children will be fully sponsored before you get a chance. I'm sorry. This is how we are doing it this year. We will open sponsorship up to all on the 22nd.
If you are not currently a monthly sponsor but are interested in becoming one, head on over to this page. Currently Ava, Charlotte, Zoe, Robert, Evelyn, Lulu, Ruby, Leon, Luke and Kristiana need sponsors. If you sign up to sponsor today you are welcome to e-mail me and let me know that you did so and I will be happy to sign you up to send a Christmas package.
2) Each child will still be limited to 3 sponsors each, regardless of whether you sponsor them monthly or not.
3) This year at New Day South we're doing things a bit differently. To sponsor a child, go HERE and make a one-time donation (suggested amount is $50, less than the cost of shipping a package to China, and enough to make a difference). Make a note "Christmas sponsorship / name of child" in the memo. The staff at New Day South will then order gifts for the children (fun things like toys and clothes, and practical things like diapers and formula) online from Chinese sources. Your one-time donation will cover this. (disclaimer: we cannot, due to practicality and the time commitment of our staff, keep exact records of what each donation goes to cover. Our priority is to ensure that the children are well-cared for and loved). As a "Thank You!" to the sponsors, we will take pictures of the little ones and their gifts, and send them to you.
However, to ensure that New Day South has the correct email address in order to send those pictures to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know whom you're donating for!
4) New Day North will be celebrating Christmas a bit later this year, because of scheduling conflicts. If you sponsor a NDN child you will receive pictures in mid-to-late January. But please still mail the packages before the deadline.
5) Shipping a medium flat rate box via USPS (the most affordable and trustworthy option) costs about $60, This is the cheapest way to get something from the US to China. If you are sponsoring more than one child it will be more affordable to use a larger box than to ship two packages, and you are welcome to do this.
6) If you would rather not spend the $$ on shipping and shopping, and yet still want to bless the children this Christmas, consider making a one-time donation to our Acute Care Fund.
Is it starting to feel like Christmas yet?
Head on over here to start sponsoring...