Thursday, January 24, 2013

Staff Spotlight: Meet Beth

Over the summer we welcomed two new nannies to our staff, Laura and Beth. Today I'd like to introduce you to Beth, one of our "pink room" nannies. She lovingly looks after Esther, Lydia and Corrie and has spent a good deal of time in the hospital with Lydia as the poor baby fought through pneumonia multiple times. Beth is a sweet, sweet woman who is pouring her heart and soul into her work mothering these children.


When we hired her, we asked to her write down why she wanted this job... I'm sure that you will love to read through what she wrote, and it will probably bring you to tears like it did to us!


"I have a nice family with five people. I have a good relationship with my parents-in-law, a husband who loves me and cares about me a lot, and a daughter who is very nice. I taught myself how to be a childcare worker and I was able to get the child-care worker certificate. I had been working with children who were physically and mentally healthy, loved by their families and teachers and friend, got to enjoy sunshine and grass and fresh air and were living very happy lives. When I saw the children in New Day Foster Home, young children who all have special needs, I realized that they needed more help and care from families and our society. So I came to New Day in August 2012. Being a nanny here is my pleasure. I want the kids to feel loved through me. I want them to know that they are not lonely and that they are loved and cared for by many people."


And that's just what Beth does. We are so happy to have her working with us. The children are in such good hands.

4 comments:

  1. that is a beautifully written letter and brought tears to my eyes. so happy these kids have such a loving person to guide them and love them throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful for you, Beth! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete