Thursday, May 24, 2012

This Joy of Mine

I met her when she was only 7 months old. She was tiny, and she rarely smiled. I instantly fell in love. I got to know this little baby very well, and her precious face would light up when I entered the room. After a few months serving at NDFH, it was time for me to go. Leaving her was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.

This little girl’s name is Joy.

My family returned to China, for the second time, this past March. It had been 10 months since I had last seen Joy. I was excited to see all the children, but I was especially thrilled to see Joy. I had seen pictures, but when I saw her in person, no longer a little baby, I couldn’t believe how beautiful Joy had gotten.


Joy is a delightful little beauty. Her smile lights up the room, and her giggles are contagious. She is silly, affectionate, and very clever. She is quite adventurous as well. Some of her favorite things to do include playing with teddy bears, going down the slide, being snuggled, and playing peekaboo.


When I first came to China, I had no idea that I’d fall so easily in love with a little baby. But I did fall in love, and I am joyous because of it. I treasure every minute we have together; every smile she smiles, every kiss she gives, and all of her laughter. I am thankful for laughing with her, holding her, and being given the opportunity to love on her. But most of all, I am thankful for the Joy in my life.


---
This post was written by our wonderful intern, Page

No comments:

Post a Comment