Thursday, February 11, 2021

The Tooth Journey

Ezra has reached the age where his baby teeth are falling out. Last month, seeing his lower front incisors were reluctant to come out, the doctor believed that this situation would affect the eruption of new teeth and even cause permanent teeth to grow crooked, so we needed to take him to the hospital to remove the baby teeth.

 


On the way to the hospital, I gave him a detailed explanation of the reason and the process of pulling his teeth. Ezra lay quietly in my arms, with wide eyes open, as if saying: "Mom, you will protect me, right?" I said to him: "Ezra, don't worry, mom knows you are a brave child!"

 


When he arrived at the hospital, the doctor gave him an injection of anesthetic in advance, so that his teeth could be removed smoothly. As the roots were deep and there was bleeding after the teeth were removed, the doctor asked him to bite a cotton ball to stop the bleeding. Ezra bit the cotton ball very cooperatively.


Ezra didn't cry during the whole process of pulling his teeth, but just held my hand tightly with his little hand. I know he was nervous and a little scared. But holding his hand made him feel safe.


When he heard the doctor praise him and say: "This child is really obedient, so good!" Ezra nodded his head with joy, as if saying: "Yes, look at how great I am, I am a man!"


On the way back, Eazra still held my hand and smiled at me, as if saying: "Mom, am I very brave?"


Who can say no!


Although this was a small matter, it was the first time Ezra experienced having his teeth pulled. This left him a deep memory, and it was another brave step he took in his life!

 


Dear child, I will accompany you through the challenges in life and look forward to witnessing you taking more brave steps in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment