Friday, November 16, 2018

A Very Special Guest Post: Adoption Awareness Month


For adoption awareness post one of our graduates, Emma Leal, wanted to share some of her feelings about adoption with all of you!


Emma Leal was adopted in 2010 when she was 3 years old. She is now 11 years old.

When do you say when people ask you about being adopted?

If I’m asked I say, “Yes, I’m adopted”. My friends know I’m adopted. At my school and in our community, many children are adopted, I’ve never different. My mom helps families adopted children from China too. 

What are some of your favorite things to do?

 I like to read, play my violin, swim in our swimming pool & golf with my dad. I’m always outside playing. My family & I go kayaking & hiking, we all like to be outside. We went and picked apples 2 weeks ago. 


How has your adoption impacted your life?

Being adopted has been the good. I have 2 sisters, 1 sister in law, 1 brother and 1 brother in law. 
I was 3 when I was adopted, I remember a little about living in China but not much. I do ask my mom questions about when I lived in China, she answers the questions she can but she doesn’t have answers to all my questions.

If there anything you would like to tell your nannies or foster parents?

I have pictures of my Nai Nai & Yai Yai. My family sends gifts to them a Christmas gifts every year with pictures of me. I know they loved me and took very good care of me. My parents said they’re going to take me to China one day. 

What would you like to do in the future?   

I'd like to be a veterinarian when I grow up. I love animals and animals love me. I have 3 dogs, 1 cat and 5 chickens. 


Thank you for sharing a little bit of your story with us, Emma Leal!

No comments:

Post a Comment